Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hello

Mother...you get mad at me for short emails!!!!??? Just kidding 

I appreciate you taking the time to email me. Dad made up with his amazing sermon from stake conference.  It's always a blessing to hear from everyone in the family! 

Here in Korea we are seeing a lot of miracles. 

One happened not exactly to me but to a missionary i know. 

he was having some hard times and up till this point in his mission he had wanted to go home multiple times. We are decently close and so for 2 days I was on exchanges with him last weekend. For those two days I prayed so hard for him, that the Lord might use me as a tool to allow the spirit to be felt in his life. Spiritually this Elder just was dying and did not want the gospel in his life. He was allowing himself to be lead into the mists of darkness and thought that returning to the great and spacious buildings is what he wanted in eternity. 
It was very stressful and Truly sad to see a fellow servant of the Lord in this position. 
During our exchanges we talked a lot about his decision to go home and pursue the things of the world. The end of the first night, I felt that I had spoken a lot and shared many experiences that he could learn from, but he still wasn't changing. 

I went to the Lord in earnest pray and just asked, "Lord what should I do? I have no idea, I will do whatever is asked of me if you will just ask me." The thought came to me that I should just bare simple plain pure testimony to him. The next morning we had another talk and as the thought came to me to bare testimony i followed, and bore strict testimony of God and Jesus Christ, their love for him and desire for him to return. By the end we were silent and continued to sit. We watched a mormon message and then he turned to me and said, "It's too bad, I think that I wanted to stay for a second back there." I knew that the spirit touched him, but it wasn't enough. 

However, He had an interview with president, his stake president and his father, yet he still was set on leaving. I coudn't understand, I thought that surely someone's words would touch his heart. I couldn't believe that after hearing everything he was still set on going home. I prayed again but the feeling that came was that it would be ok and that the lord's will would be accomplished. That night he prayed to God and in desperation asked for a witness that he was needed on a mission. The next day he got a call from someone random person asking to learn English. They said yes, but the person said that he wanted to meet with them immediately. After church they met with him and he told them how he had a sister that was baptized into the church and that him and his children want to have the same things his sister had obtained. He asked if he could learn of the Gospel and come to church from then on out. This elder couldn't believe his ears, truly the Lord had sent a sign to him. He told us that evening that he was willing to stay and that he gained a witness that God was there and that he needed to become the missionary the Lord needed. It was a miracle. To see and hear this Elder find/remember the Lord. I didn't know how it would turn out, but I do know that constant prayer and faith in the Lord saved my brother from spiritual darkness. Well That was  a Long story/miracle but it truly was amazing. 

Love you family!

Love Elder Kaufusi

No comments:

Post a Comment