Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Service of the Lord



Another amazingly packed week here in the Korean vineyard.

 The biggest Korean holiday of the year was this last week so we held a massive conference and My companion and I had to do language progress evaluations with like 13 people and they each take about 1 hour and a half so I got to talk with a lot of missionaries. It's always such a faith building experience to hear the testimonies of these amazing missionaries and see them progress in korean but more importantly spiritually. It was good. The transfer is next week and we finished calling and telling everyone everything last night. 

It's neat to see the hand of the Lord just reach down and make things happen every transfer. Going on transfer 4 with my companion. We are super excited! Hope everyone is doing ok. 

I love it here and don't know if I'll fit in back home. I think I should just stay here for a while... Anyways I love you all so much, and I know the Lord lives and Loves you too! 

Love Your Living Son, Brother,
Elder Kaufusi

Last weeks email


Sorry got caught up in doing transfers with President so couldn't email till right now. Not a lot of time, there's always more to be doing but I'll give you a sweet miracle that happened this week. 

We had this investigator named go-joon-hyoung and he was picked up before I got here. Anyways when he first had a baptismal date everything was great, he did the interview and was prepared. However, when we went to call his mom who lives 4 hours away she denied. He wasn't able to get baptized and it was a pretty big deal and everyone was so sad. 

He felt really embarrassed and didn't come out to church for a couple weeks. In fact, he didn't even meet with us for a couple weeks. We had tried to meet up with him, but it just never ended up happening. well after a couple weeks rolled by he started to come to church again to see his good friends in the ward. then he started going to activities. However, when we asked if we could meet he still was too busy. Finally last week we met with him and had dinner and talked. We originally didn't want to bring up baptism with him because we were afraid that it would be too much for him, but the Lord helped us and we talked about it. His response to baptism was that he felt more ready now then ever, and that he would truly put a great effort into persuading his mom. 

We ended up hearing him talk to his mom and it was amazing. He didn't shy away, he told her what baptism was and that it wasn't the same as sprinkling (his mom is catholic), and the spirit worked on her and said it was ok. That very week we had his baptism and it was a great meeting. I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity to see the Lord's omnipotent hand in this work!

I've been here the longest i've been anywhere in my entire mission, and i've been with my companion the longest I've been with anyone. We are going on 4 transfers together (6months). We are going to make this last transfer explode and we will bring down so many miracles it will be unbelievable! 

Love you all so much!

Elder Kaufusi 

No comments:

Post a Comment