Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Not A Lot of Time

Sorry, there's not a lot of time left but thank you all for your wonderful E-mails! I truly am the most blessed person in the world. 

This week was a whirlwind! We went on a 3 day exchange to the east coast! the 10 hours of travel total was killer! but the lord really watched over us and gave us great opportunities. One was this man who had gotten into a car accident 10 years earlier. He is paralyzed and has a little bit of a mental handicap. His life was really good as a translator before the accident. His parents took him in and now the missionaries teach him english as a service and also teach the gospel. I was only on exchanges but as I met with this man I could see and feel the deep sorrow he had because the consequences of the past. The accident has left him in a very severe state, and even though it is 10 years later, he struggles with self-confidence and hope. During the lesson I talked to him of hope. I spoke of the hope that comes by talking with our father in heaven every day. I bore testimony of the divine fatherhood of God and our great privlege we have to call on his name. I saw his heart soften and he looked up, and for a second i could see that this man realized that hope was still there. 

I'm grateful that our heavenly father gives us these moments to interact with his beloved children in spiritual ways. I would ask that you always remember that there is hope. Christ came and did what we couldn't so that there would always be hope. If there is someone that doesn't see this great hope, or has lost it continue to reach out and share you light which is merely a reflection of the saviors light. 
I love you all!

Love, 
Elder Kaufusi

No comments:

Post a Comment