Monday, November 18, 2013

Time Crunch

Hello Family. 

First of all I just want to express my love for all of you, and how grateful I am to be in our eternal family. I pray for you often and hope that you will use the enabling power of the atonement everyday.

 That is one of the greatest truths I have come to learn and experience is how everyday, using the atonement allows me to be led by the spirit in humility and meekness. 

This week has been busy with transfers, but had the opportunity to go to the airport and pick up the new missionaries. What a blessing to bring these new spiritual warriors out into the battlefield! 

One of the bigger things this week is one of my favorite companions, (if not my favorite), Elder Pete Jackson Coats finished his mission. On his last sunday (yesterday) he had the choice of going to anywhere to visit members or past investigators, he even had the opportunity to go to the South mission to see people, but he chose to come and spend his last day in Korea with me. It was an amazing experience to be around him and just feel how he has changed into such an amazing son of God. We have been really close our entire missions and I look back on our time as companions with so much happiness. He was my greenie-breaker and we served in the "gotham city" of our entire mission. We served only 1 transfer together, but that 1 transfer changed mine, and his mission. To close his last night we had dinner with him and president at presidents. As I left I got to hug my companion goodbye and we both just couldn't hold back our tears. he's not a crier, and I'm not too much of a crier, but the moment was to much for both of us. (I felt like mom when she say's she is trying very hard NOT to cry) As Tears streamed down both of our cheeks we looked at the lights of the city and he said, " this is it, this is our mission!"  Those words had a profound affect. I was watching one of my best friends go forth into the rest of his life, armed with the spirit and a deep testimony of our savior. As I walked back to the office, tears just kept streaming as I thought of Elder Coats being gone. It was hard, but they turned to tears of joy as I thought of how his life has changed. He has become so much more because he turned himself over to the Lord. I feel extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to watch the Lord take this Elder and make of him something great. It is always said that your companion is your #1 investigator, and here I was watching my investigator enter the temple, aka the rest of his life with faith in Christ. How great is my Joy!

MOM DAD! I told Elder Coats that He HAS to go visit our house. I told him that my mom will cook for days for him. I gave him our address and stuff and he should come by in the next coming weeks. Please Please Please take good care of him, as I know you would. He has done so much for me and means so much to me. 

I love you all! I pray that you will continue in the faith! 

Love,
Elder Kaufusi

ALEXIS'S HAIR IS AMAZING! I LOVE HER NEW HAIRCUT IT'S SOOOOO PRETTY! 2 of the 3 MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN THE WORLD (where's daryl).  LOVE YOU 

PSS:
Hi Mom, Kind of random but  my companion brought up my return date and talked to president about it and extension and stuff but I just wanted to see what your opinion is on my and what not. So our transfers have been majorly moved around and right now my possible return dates are may 2 june 13. I started on may 16 but because the transfers got messed up everything changed. If I were to extend I could go till july 25 or even August 2. What are your thoughts. I'm not trunky at all but if there is a thought of extension president would need to know now. THanks (I know you are freaking out right now...ha ha but consider it and give me your answer next week) I love you MOMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment