Monday, March 10, 2014

Mother I need your opinion!

Dear Mother,
You were supposed to tell me that I had no choice then to live at home with you! But I will pray and find out what the Lord thinks is best and get back to you. Is it possible to have anyone maybe live with us...2 or 3 friends? You haven't answered. I know that Kenny would really Love to be my roommate but I feel like I want to stay by my family. Anyway, if you have any other thoughts, let me know. I asked Everyone here in the office for opinions and they all are pushing for me to stay home. THanks for being the best Mother ever! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Remember Momma, 2 or 3 friends to live with us is nothing, just service????

Ready for the News?! 

I found out that I will be staying in the office, Isn't that Great?! It was such a relief when president told me. This will be our 5th transfer together! To put that in perspective, we will have been together for 7 months! I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to be together, we must be doing something right! Our next transfer we will have 2 new office elders and we are very excited for that. Our goal is to become the most efficient and spiritual office team the Lord has ever seen! Then hopefully we can turn that over to the rest of the mission and just continue to see the miracles! 
(just like you said mom, get off the treadmill come home and let someone else have a turn)

This week was busy of course, but we had some really neat experiences. One that I would love to share happened last Tuesday night. 

Last Sunday a random never before seen man walked into the church and was directed towards me during sunday school. He was originally from the U.S and his Korean wasn't perfect even though both his parents were full Korean. 

Anyways, I came to find out that he was a in-active and so i set an appointment to meet on Tuesday night. Tuesday we had mission leadership council and the spirit was so strong and led elder Sol and I to give probably the greatest training we'd ever given together, so that night we were just excited and pumped. We met with him and he began to tell us his life story. It was one of the most interesting, and saddening stories I had ever heard. 

His parents are faithful members and he grew up a faithful member. However, he began to choose another path which led him to gangs, drugs, and other things that just tore down all his spiritual strength. In the end all his "friends" abandoned him and he was left not only alone but was an outcast, and those that knew him really persecuted him. Well, his faithful parents sent him here to Korea to flee from his past/humiliations, and he found a new life here in Korea. 

He is actually a professional rapper and him and his group of friends are some of the most well known rappers in Korea. Anyway, he came back to church because his life is moving on and he needs guidance and direction. He wanted to know what God would have him do in life. He talked about how when he was growing up and even now, all the church members have this "happiness" that no one else has. It was amazing to hear this story of the prodigal son that had been humbled and was now searching for the light once more. I testified to him that God knows what must be done, and knows what would make him truly happy. The spirit was strong as we committed him back onto the path of the straight and narrow. He had felt too down and that God would not accept him back even now after realizing his faults. However, That is when I with all the confidence in the world bore witness of the infinite atonement of the Savior, Jesus Christ. That through the redeeming power of Christ he could and would and is accepted by our Loving Heavenly Father. 

It was a great lesson and the most amazing thing was, I felt that I was the means of answering years of heartfelt, tearful prayers of this man's parents. Reading the article that Elder Bednar wrote in the Liahona or ensign on this topic was great, but having it reassured by the spirit through an actually experience was a miracle. 

Never stop praying, never stop loving, never stop caring!

Thanks dad for being up at 2 in the morning reading the book of mormon. I know exactly how nephi feels to have "goodly parents." You are an amazing example to me and I am grateful for your steadfastness and spirituality.

I love you!
Elder, Kaufusi

PS: Tell Will Faulkner congratulations from me! Mom, Could you maybe get me his email so I could send him a message? 

Love, 
Elder Kaufusi

No comments:

Post a Comment