Monday, September 23, 2013

YOU LOST, I WON!

Dear Familia,

Sorry to hear about the game.... well to be honest not really, the Lord's work moves forward if we win or not so I'm a happy camper. 

However, I'm sad to hear that Bronson got a concussion.... 

This last week has been a very interesting week. It was the korean thanksgiving so we had a mission conference on Thursday. It was great! We had a mission wide fast on Wednesday and broke the fast as a mission. The meeting was so spiritual, and to fast as a mission was something that I'll never forget. President's talk was exactly what I, and the mission needed to hear. I know he is called of God. I also had the opportunity to share my testimony during the conference and as usual I got up, introduced myself in korean as 행복한 카푸시  장로 (happy elder Kaufusi) and bore testimony of the power that comes through sanctification and purification. 

On the way to the conference I flipped my scriptures open randomly and it fell to Mark 10:21. As I read, pondered, and prayed in my heart I knew this was something I needed to share. This fast as a mission was to help us re-dedicate ourselves to the work here in Korea and in doing so we as a mission need to give more of our hearts. I also shared Ezekiel 36:26-27 which speaks on gaining a new heart. It was a gratifying opportunity to stand before the mission and bear testimony of the work and our Savior. 

Anyways, no investigators could meet this last week because of the Holiday, we had a cleaning day and they changed our P-day to last saturday. So Saturday we had a zone activity. We met with 동대문 (dongdaemun zone)  at 신당 (sindang) ward and played basketball, and then watched The Best Two Years! It was amazing! super fun. That movie was to so much more fun watching it as a missionary. 

Then on sunday, President came to our ward and our investigator got the gift of the holy ghost/confirmed. It was great. 

Got the package! thanks soooooo much! I am in heaven! To be honest, the shoes couldn't have come at a better time haha I have had to get my other shoes fixed probably 3-4 times haha. In fact I used it as a proselyting technique last month! My sole was just flopping when i walked and so i'd start conversations with people by asking "where can I fix my shoe?" One lady even stopped on the spot and had crazy adhesive glue in her purse and glued it on the spot! However, it made it so i had to walk around for 20 minutes shoeless, which also is a great conversation starter haha. 

Anyways I love you and I love this work. I love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that through him we might feel and partake of the everlasting love of our Heavenly Father. 


LEx! happy Birthday! I wrote in big lettering in my planner that it was your birthday! I have the family calendar hanging up in our room and since it has all your pictures up this month, when president came to our house for a cleaning check, i think he got a kick out of it.  If there's anything you need, let me know! 

I Pray for you and the family always.

Love Elder Kaufusi

No comments:

Post a Comment