Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quick- "I LIVE"

  • QUICK- "I LIVE"‏

  • WHERE ARE YOU????‏

To: Michelle Kaufusi
I LIVE!
On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Michelle Kaufusi <smkaufusi5@hotmail.com> wrote:

Son, we did not get an email from you yet???

Are you alive???

Are you in the hospital??
What is going on???

If I don't hear from you today, I am calling!!

Michelle  Kaufusi

Sorry!
 because of mission leadership council our p-day got changed. Anyways, not a lot of time, things are flying and I got to get flying with them! 

Sorry to hear about the losses.... It's ok we are all winners because we are on the Lord's side! but a couple of sacks would be nice huh? Anyways, so many miracles this week. This week my testimony grew again, just like every week. I know that this is the Lord's work and I know the Lord lives.
 
Our most progressing investigator is named Paul, 전정환. He is a miracle. we had felt moved to ask each area in our zone to have a baptismal date by the end of the month.

 We put our faith in the prompting and decided to just go to work. Well, a week ago we were dateless and starting to feel the familiar pressure, and discouragement that satan so readily provides. Last Monday night we had a lesson with Paul, who has been studying with missionaries from 서울 south mission in a english class. He reads the book of Mormon with them and likes it a lot, in fact, he has also gone to church a couple times with those missionaries and liked that too. On the other hand, he didn't know what the Book of Mormon was?? and just had never heard the lessons because the english class gospel message that he listened to was just general information on gospel principles.

 Anyways, this was our second time meeting him and we decided that he needed to know the "why" of everything we believe, and "why" we are different. We started with the first lesson. The lesson went amazing. The spirit was strong and as we testified to him of the truth you could see that he enjoyed the fruits of the spirit he was feeling. As the lesson closed I was bearing final testimony to him. Then in the middle of my testimony while I was looking him in the eye, the thought just came into my mind to ask him to be baptized. Here we were just the second time meeting and him finally hearing a legitimate lesson for the first time. The Lord was asked me through the spirit, to scare away this awesome new investigator with the commitment of baptism! As I put the thought to the back of my mind I continued to bear testimony. Then at the climax of my testimony when I could see the light of Christ beaming from Paul's countenance I knew that the prompting was not to be ignored. This was the Lord's time for him to commit him to baptism. The spirit would have had it no other way. The commitment was given, and received well. Paul felt the spirit and responded. Now we've taught Paul the 2 and 3 lesson along with some commandments, and he is preparing to enter into the waters of baptism on September 15th. I know that Lord is using us all as tools in his work. How great is it to not only labor for the Lord, but with Him, side by side, enjoying his presence and feeding off of his diligence.
 
Another cool experience. 

We have this investigator who just is rather pathetic sometimes. I love him but he just doesn't get it. he has great pride towards God and has wasted missionaries time and efforts for a year. However, i love him and want to help him. Anyways we met with him and it was great. During the lesson he went off about his normal trials and that God can't help him and that God can't give him money. I was very stern with him and then at the end he started whining. I got this weird feeling while i was listening to his whining. It wasn't anger, frustration or anything else but something new. It welled up inside of me till finally i realized what it was. It was the exact feelings that prophets had in the scriptures especially Jacob in the book of Mormon. The spirit was constraining me to call this man to repentance. So i opened my mouth and the words fell out, and it was such a spiritual experience. He stopped whining and things ended ok.

 I love teaching with power and authority in korean, it has a special spirit about it!
 
Well love you all! Bye!
 
Love,
Elder Kaufusi

No comments:

Post a Comment