Monday, February 25, 2013

Death is so hard 2-3-13

Dear Family,
 
It was such shocking news to hear about the death of Parker Allred. Reading this here in Korea is just shocking and it truly makes me feel so much sorrow. I didn't know him well, but the things I did know of him were only good. His passing is such a tragedy but, he is on the other side where he is needed. Death is such a hurtful experience. However, I think of what death would mean to me if I didn't have knowledge of this gospel and the thought is horrible. How comforting is it that we know the Savior came, that he lived the perfect life and chose to atone for us. He has conquered sin, He has conquered death.

 I have been reading in the war chapters of Alma and every time they mention the death of the thousands of warriors they say that they are happy because thy know they have gone out of this world to not only a better place, but a place where they can find happiness. How great is our joy in the plan of salvation. My heart goes out to the Allred family at this time of mourning, but I too know that through the Savior they an find comfort. Please tell them of my love for them and their family. Their faithfulness is an example to me. They can, and will have a fullness of joy with Parker one day, of that I can testify.
 
This week has been good, not a lot to talk about. Work continues, got about a foot of snow last night. I love this work, it is amazing how the miracles from God are manifest daily. I bore my testimony yesterday in Sacrament, I got that usual feeling that my heart was going to explode out of my chest so I went up. I bore testimony of the Love of Christ and how when I visit the Korean saints' homes I can feel Christ's love within.

 What a blessing it is for us to have this gospel, and be edified through it. Whether we know it or not we are blessed beyond measure. Continue in Faith and Love. A scripture I memorized this week is 2 timothy 1:7 & 8  "For God hath not given us the spirit of Fear; but of Power, and of Love, and of a Sounds Mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the Testimony of our Lord..."
 
I Love you all! continue in faith!
 Elder Kaufusi
PS.
Please pass on to the Allred Family I will be fasting and praying for them on Saturday as they lay their son Parker to rest. I will pray for the spirit to comfort each and everyone of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment